Friday, August 12, 2011

Candy Candy!

One of my favorite stores in Binondo is Shin Yi Long, a Chinese bakeshop in Benavidez Street.  I used to feast my eyes on their colorful cakes decorated with slices of fruits with syrup glaze and multi-color chocolates.  The cakes are artistically designed.  The chiffon base has fruit bits and the icing, glaze, fruit and candy decors are not too sweet.   









 The bakeshop also sells different breads and pastries. 





















Lately, my gaze is caught by another eye candy.  And literally, it’s candies! Oh, such cutie candies!

Lollipops shaped like slices of orange and lemon.

 



















Grape and orange jelly candies in ‘cute face’ wrappers.  

















More jelly candies in different shapes and designs!  


Banana jelly candies with cutie faces.






Assorted jelly candies with shapes of bear, blue whale, and an unidentified animal, is that raccoon?


There's something naughty in this jelly bear.  I gave this to a colleague and she was giggling when she showed me the naughty part.  I let out a snicker and said I didn't notice it when I got it from the candy shelf. :)


 




























The candies are so cute.  I bought a load.  I enjoyed some and gave the rest to loved ones and some colleagues at work. 

Candy Therapy:
Focus on the cuteness of the candy, the shape, the color, the wrapper.  Do not think of anything else but the candy.  What taste do you expect?  Fruity, sugary, sweet-sour?  Then lick it, bite it, chew it, play bounce off your teeth, relish the sweetness, never leave the moment and watch until the whole candy is consumed.  There, you have forgotten about your blues for 5 precious minutes.  That’s priceless!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm everything looks yummy :))
    especially cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rapuncela. Glad to have someone from Poland appreciate my post. :)

    ReplyDelete