Friday, August 26, 2011

Coffee, For Here


I’m adventurous when it comes to food brands.  I am not scared of foreign or ‘strange’ brands.  For me, even if the language on the package is incomprehensible,  as long as they are retailed in the supermarkets, hypermarts, groceries and delis, then they are edible and worth trying.

Slim earth-friendly cup with cap


Recently, in one of my shelf browsings in the coffee section of Robinson’s Supermarket, I stumbled upon Jardin Café Mori.   I was first attracted to the stack of 4 earth-friendly slim cups included free in the package of 25 sticks contained in a box.  According to the box, there are 3 flavors of Café Mori—French Vanilla Cappuccino, Mocha Cappuccino and Caramel Cappuccino.  Only Mocha Cappuccino was available that time among the flavors.  The box also says that the product is made in Korea. At first glance, you wouldn’t think that it comes from Asia.  I even thought it came from Italy or Spain because of the name, Jardin.  The package somewhat has a European appeal.  The logo looks like a royal insignia-- a coat of arms flanked by two lions.










I was attracted even more when I opened the box and saw the eye candy color of the coffee sticks, it’s a blend of purple and fuchsia—Pursia ( a color name I coined out of necessity).   And there were also red-and-white long stirrers enclosed in the box.  The only thing lacking is the ridged sleeve to spare hands from heat.   But it doesn't matter.  Anyway, you can hold the bottom of the cup to avoid heat.

The box containing the "Pursia" coffee sticks
 
The value of the coffee is in the coffee.  When I poured water over the coffee powder, the sweet-creamy aroma filled my olfactory sense.  I was even more enticed by the "frothy foam that formed" (tongue twister) over the coffee when I stirred it. I covered my cup and voila!  One mocha cappuccino for Maffet!  Right on my office desk.  A great pick-me-up cum wake-me-up treat during the day sans the great price.  A box of 25 sticks costs only P250 or P10 per stick.

I gave some sticks to my colleague, Ira, and she too liked it.

Ira, looking awake and enjoying Cafe Mori, one sleepy afternoon in the office


1 comment:

  1. I know this is a old post, but I was lucky enough that I had a teaching opportunity in China.

    On my way home at the start of January I had a 9 hour wait in Seoul, Korea, where I bought a box of Cafe Mori Classic Mocha.

    When I arrived home I decided to try it out for the first time and I admit I am amazed by the flavor that it has. Personally I put in a spoon of sugar as I have a sweet tooth but to each their own taste.

    In Canada now and have yet to find it in either of our stores so hopefully I will find it in the chinese market, but no luck so far. If anyone sees this brand I highly recommend it!

    Wish they had a english website that ships to canada ^^;

    ReplyDelete